Our local love, Emily from Wicked Lovely Creations always keeps it cute and sassy with her hand stamped wearables. Nest has all her charms in-store! Come check them out.
1. Are there any traditions you partake in when painting or getting ready to paint?
Whenever I’m metal stamping, I’m usually listening to music (I love a variety of music, but some of my favourites are Taylor Swift and All Time Low). I also love to binge-watch Friends while I work! It’s my all-time favourite show and I’ve binged it a million times, so I can work while I watch it without missing anything.
2. If you could be any animal (living or extinct), which one would you be and why?
If I could be an animal I would definitely be a dolphin! I’m obsessed with swimming and love anything nautical. Swimming around the ocean all day would be awesome AF!
3. Can you describe the moment in time when you knew you were an artist and what the statement “I am an artist” means to you?
As a kid I would always be drawing and making things – I LOVED the show Art Attack and tried to recreate my favourite projects. I’ve dabbled in a lot of different mediums, but fell in love with the art of metal stamping! Being an artist means creating things with your unique personal touch on them.
4. What advice would you give to young handmade artisans about the industry?
Definitely work hard & practice your craft until you can do it with your eyes closed….well maybe not with your eyes closed haha, but you want it to be second nature to you. It’s okay to mess up since that’s how you learn. It’s not easy, but it is so rewarding!
5. Who are your three heroes/heroines and which attributes do you admire about them?
- Taylor Swift because she is an inspirational, strong woman who works extremely hard. I love how she is always unapologetically herself.
- Jared Padalecki is a super talented actor who is an advocate for mental health since he’s battled with depression. He’s truly one of the kindest people I’ve ever had the luck of meeting and he’s also funny as hell.
- Ellen DeGeneres is an amazing human being and does so much to make people all over the world happy. I love how she cares for animals and always encourages everyone to be kind to one another.