All the way from Quebec! Joachim from Sébéjo inspires us with his positive attitude and great advice on making art! Nest has lots of their cute pillows in-store! Come check them out.
1. Are there any traditions you partake in when painting or getting ready to paint?
We draw and produce most of our work in our garden. We open an outside workshop during the summertime so when we get hungry in between creating, we can just grab fresh tomatoes and basil. We also listen to Queen.
2. If you could be any animal (living or extinct), which one would you be and why?
A unicorn which is very representative of our family business and also because it brings magic to the eye of the one seeing it! Or a rooster because of the French roots.
3. Can you describe the moment in time when you knew you were an artist and what the statement “I am an artist” means to you?
I’ve been drawing since before I could remember! So I always figured I had something in me. I validate the fact of being an artist when recognized by peers and got to integrate into Signatures Show family. Being an artist means being a free spirit and let my imagination grow.
4. What advice would you give to young handmade artisans about the industry?
Just follow your instincts and let your imagination wander. There is no limit in creation.
5. Who are your three heroes/heroines and which attributes do you admire about them?
No heroes, in particular, I just admire people who stand for others who are in need!